Woke up on Monday 10th November, picked up my phone and saw the face of a well-known minister of God on the digital photos of my BlackBerry Messenger contacts. I also checked my WhatsApp messenger and saw news about his passing away. So I logged into my Facebook account, and there it was from news, magazines and blogs; Dr. Myles Munroe, his wife, Ruth and seven other people, died in a plane crash. Sigh!….very sad morning.
Dr. Myles Munroe died in a plane crash on Sunday, Nov. 9, when his private jet struck a construction crane and crashed during its approach to the Grand Bahama International Airport. The crash killed all nine people on board, including Dr. Myles Munroe’s wife, Ruth, and his Bahamas Faith Ministries deputy, Richard Pinder, along with another pastor and his family.
Dr. Myles Munroe was senior pastor of Bahamas Faith Ministries International Fellowship. He was an internationally renowned bestselling author, lecturer, teacher, life coach, government consultant, and leadership mentor. He has travelled around the world training leaders in business, government, education, sports, media, and churches. He served as a business consultant to governments, companies and corporations, addressing critical issues that affect every aspect of human, professional, leadership, social, and spiritual development.
We cannot say exactly why he and his wife had to leave us now, but God knows best. We love them, but God loves them more. I and countless believers in Christ from all around the world know that we will see him and his wife again, in heaven.
His passing away is a call for us Christians, true believers in Christ, to reflect on our lives, and deliberately and prayerfully set things in order. Let’s live our lives fulfilling the plans and purposes of God. Our Heavenly Father can call us home at any time. Dr. Myles Munroe would say… “The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose”. So, let us get more into living our God ordained lives, with love and passion for Jesus, so that the kingdom of God might be established on the earth and His will be done. Let us also remember Dr. Myles Munroe’s family in prayer.
Dr. Myles’ teachings were based on the Kingdom of God and Kingdom principles. Here are a few of his message titles that I have listen and still listening to, because they keep blessing me.
- God’s Big Idea
- Kingdom Authority
- Kingdom Keys To Successful Relationships
- Kingdom Males – Repentence, Transformation, Restoration
- Kingdom Treasury, Investments, Holdings & Securities
- Law, Physics and Potential Kingdom Authority
- Life Changing Precepts & Principles
- Principles for Male & Female Relationships
- Purpose for Prayer
- Rediscovering The Kingdom Culture of Worship
- Single But Not Alone
- The Power of Kingdom Culture
- The Power of Your Gift
- The Power of Your Potential
- The Pursuit of Purpose
- The Roles of a Perfect Father
- Understanding Men & Women’s Needs
- Understanding God’s Plan
- Fasting and Prayer
- Kingdom Principles
- Why Men Need Visions & Dreams
- Understanding Kingdom Commonwealth
- Kingdom Laws For Overcoming Crisis
- Becoming A Leader
So many others on his ministry’s website and on YouTube.
Such a shocking news yesterday morning. But I believe they died empty, while fulfilling purpose, and now gone to rest in the Lord.
Bible says in Isaiah 57:1-2:
1. The righteous man perishes, and no one lays it to heart; devout men are taken away, while no one understands. For the righteous man is taken away from calamity;
2. he enters into peace; they rest in their beds who walk in their uprightness.
Dr. Myles & Ruth Munroe; gone to rest in the Lord…
May God grant his children and extended family and ministry, the grace and strength to bear the loss and forge ahead in Jesus name. Amen!!