Here’s something I think would help your understanding about fasting & prayer…
THE PRINCIPLES OF FASTING
- Fasting is not just missing a meal.
- Fasting is not dieting.
- Fasting demands replacing meals with the reading of the word and prayer.
- Fasting demands dedicating time for meditation.
- Fasting requires spending much time in the word
THE BENEFITS OF FASTING
- Spiritual discipline
- Increased spiritual capacity
- A clear sober mind
- A pure heart and mind
- Hunger for God and his word
- Physical health
- Loss of excess weight
- Purified body
- Spiritual freedom
- Physical freedom
- Spirit of giving
- Your light shines (evil powers can’t withstand your presence)
- Protection by God
- Answers to prayers
- Intimacy with God
- Increased retention capacity
THE AFFECTS OF FASTING
- Fasting changes you (not God)
- Fasting doesn’t move God (moves you into better positioning)
- Fasting increases our spiritual capacity
- Fasting breaks habits and spiritual bondage
- Fasting quiets the heart to hear God’s voice
I hope this little excerpt helps you out.
You can watch the video of the teaching on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0lxYwHZ6I